TRX Systems was one of 13 young companies selected for the EMERGE Accelerator Program. EMERGE, which focuses on wearable technology for first responders, is a partnership between TechNexus, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and the Center for Innovative Technology (CIT).
During the three month selection process, 13 participants were identified from more than 220 potential ecosystem partners in 154 cities, with a focus on technology ventures with a commercial appeal that are relevant to Homeland Security and first responders. Each venture was evaluated for customer, channel, investment, pilot and POC relationships. TRX NEON indoor location and mapping technology delivers 3D location without networked or pre-installed infrastructure - an ideal fit for public safety, industrial, and enterprise applications involving resilient tracking of personnel.
In addition to TRX, the following companies were selected for the program:
- BearTek: Provides patented wearable technology built into any task specific gloves to wirelessly control any device imaginable with the click of your fingers.
- Energy Bionics: Develops, manufactures and markets portable and wearable energy products that harvest ambient energy and power mobile devices, censors and networks.
- Human Systems Integration: Based in Walpole, Mass., a cutting edge Wearables Technology company focused on the development and delivery of advanced situational awareness solutions for a number of markets including military, first responder, medical and industrial safety.
- International Thermodyne: A Charlotte, N.C. based company in the emerging energy harvesting industry that is heading the development and commercialization of PowerFelt™.
- Juxtopia: An innovative biomedical and information technology company that delivers measurable effective products & services for improving human performance®.
- Kofman Technologies: Aims to reduce lethality in peacekeeping and law enforcement through technological innovation.
- Neumitra: Develops embedded technologies to address the costs of too much stress and too little sleep on human health, performance, and happiness.
- Nucurrent: Is changing the way people interact with electronic devices by enabling wireless re-charging with the world’s most efficient, thinnest and fastest antennas and electronics.
- Pivothead Wearable Imaging: Creates innovative ‘smart’ eyewear cameras that empower bionic-like capabilities with simplicity, style, and intuitive use.
- Rithmio: Has developed a gesture recognition platform to create accurate and personalized gesture-based products such as wearables, smartwatches or connected sporting equipment.
- Select Engineering Services: Automatic Injury Detection: Incapacitated by an attack AID Sensors detect a penetration event: shot, stabbed or hit by shrapnel it automatically sends your: ID / LOCATION / INJURIES.
- Telesense: An IoT company providing cost-effective, scalable, and highly configurable environmental monitoring and control solutions with the goal of increasing efficiency and public safety.
The accelerator program is new model for sourcing innovation by DHS, focusing on commercial partnerships, application validation, and supporting fundraising by the participating ventures.